Welcome! The lobby of the Deranged L.A. Crimes theater is open. Grab a bucket of popcorn, some Milk Duds and a Coke and find a seat. Tonight’s feature is WICKED WOMAN (aka FREE AND EASY) starring Beverly Michaels and Richard Egan. The film has been described as “Eisenhower era sleaze” and “delicious trash”. I leave it to you to decide.
After a Trailways bus delivers voluptuous blonde Billie Nash to a small town, she checks into a rooming house. Her rooming house neighbor is Charlie Borg, who runs a tailor’s shop next door and offers her a meal. The next day, Billie gets a job as a waitress, at $6.00 a night plus tips, at a bar run by Dora Bannister and her husband Matt. Needing new clothes, Billie cons twenty dollars out of the lecherous Charlie by promising to date him. Billie discovers that Dora is a secret drinker and decides to go after Matt. She is even more determined when Gus, the cook, tells her that Matt used to work for Dora’s drunken father, who owned the bar, and that Matt saved the business. Later, when Matt and Billie are alone after the bar closes, she seduces him.
- Agness Underwood: First Lady of the Newsroom
- Marion Linden’s Life of Crime, Conclusion
- Film Noir Friday: Cry Danger 
- Marion Linden’s Life of Crime, Part 1
- Film Noir Friday: They Made Me A Fugitive 
- The Black Dahlia: Conclusion
- Film Noir Friday: Apology for Murder 
- The Black Dahlia: Confessions of a Benzedrine Eater
- The Black Dahlia: Another Confession and Another Murder