Welcome! The lobby of the Deranged L.A. Crimes theater is open. Grab a bucket of popcorn, some Milk Duds and a Coke and find a seat. Tonight’s feature is POODLE SPRINGS starring James Caan and Dina Meyer.
Enjoy the movie!
Television movie based on the novel by Robert Parker, from the final Philip Marlowe story begun by Raymond Chandler. Hard-boiled detective Philip Marlowe is 15 years past his prime, as cynical as ever, but also a newlywed. Moving to the small desert town of Poodle Springs after marrying Laura, the daughter of billionaire P.J. Parker, Marlowe becomes immersed in deadly intrigue surrounding the murder of another investigator. When he uncovers a scheme to move the state border of Nevada, which may involve his father-in-law, the world-weary private eye from the 1940s encounters a ’60s web of greed, lust and murder. With a talent for attracting trouble, Marlowe finds it in the form of murder, bigamy, gambling, pornography and double identity.
- Justice Times Two, Part 2
- Justice Times Two, Part 1
- Film Noir Friday-Saturday Matineee: I Wake Up Screaming!
- Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction: The Real L.A. Noir
- Film Noir Friday: Wicked Woman 
- Agness Underwood: First Lady of the Newsroom
- Marion Linden’s Life of Crime, Conclusion
- Film Noir Friday: Cry Danger 
- Marion Linden’s Life of Crime, Part 1